Monday 18 October 2010

Training Weekend

This weekend one of my best human friend came back to play. Lucy my old trainer came back to do some classes and some 1 to 1 sessions. Friday night we did a class at Skellingthorpe. It was good as one of my old friends Benji was there, we met back in obedience class and hes a small to. It was fun as we were concentrating on tight turns and those collies are rubbish, they have long legs to cover the ground but us shortiescan turn much sharper. Lucy said we were her star pupils. On the Saturday I didn't go out to play with granny like I normally do, I had to stay in the house. But guess what when I did go out to play Lucy was in my field, and my mate Leo was there as well and I could smell loads of other doggy pals. I don't really know why, but I don't care, Lucy was in my field, my agility toys were out and that only meant one thing time for some fun.

We played for ages, loads of jumping and tunnels which went well. Then we did some contacts which I think I've got the hang of now. I keep doing handstands at the bottom of the A frame cos I come down so fast but I think I can cope with that now, it used to be a bit scary but now I'm expecting it its not so bad.

We finished off with some weaves. I LOVE weaves, I can do them real fast now so we started looking at the different entrances. I had to turn tight turns and run between jumps and the weaves were the other side of the field but I got it most of the time. So then Lucy set up a jump and kept making the entrance to the weaves tighter and tighter most of the time I got it. Everyone was so excited they kept wooping and shouting, Lucy said there weren't many grade 7 dogs that could do that, she event took some video of me. I was very proud of myself but it was very tiring and eventually I just had to slow down a bit.

There was lots of chatter as we walked back up to the house, talk of getting together a small team, and trying to enter some qualifiers next year, not sure what that means but I think I'll like it.

Mikey was playing with the camera while I was training so heres some of the results (Granny made the slideshow bit techie for Mikey)


No comments:

Post a Comment