Sunday 1 May 2011

Dog Vegas Easter Weekend

Well the good news is I've had a full weekend of competition and I feel fine.  Its a real relief as I was beginning to think Granny wasn't going to let me play again!  she kept saying 'put your leg down, then you can go a play' don't have a clue what she meant but anyway seems I can play again now.

Friday was a bit of an odd day, everything seemed to be ok but I just couldn't get the jumps in the right place and kept knocking poles off.  Oh and I went for a couple of runs around the ring, but Granny didn't seem to mind she just seemed pleased to be outside (or maybe just to be outside with me).  I did get all the contacts though not fast but right down to the bottom just like Granny likes.

Saturday didn't prove and better and boy was it hot, they kept pouring cold water over my head.  Who do they think they are I don't like being wet (although I do like being hot either, so I didn't really mind that much).  Again it was just the odd pole keeping me out of the winners enclosure.  If I'd have left one pole up I would have won by 10 seconds!

Sunday was my day off but we were back again on the Monday.  Thinks were beginning to fall back into place.  I missed out on winning the Agility by a pole that no one even saw fall, how unlucky was that.  But then last run of the day a jumping course came my way and I won by a whisker.  So we waited for the presentation, by this time it was freezing.  When they announced the winner it wasn't me.  But the lady they announced was very kind and we sorted it out.  So I took home a rosette and a trophy.

All in all it was a good weekend, Granny seemed really pleased and I was getting my mojo back.  Going to knuckle down to some hard training and fitness as I was really tied by the end of each day. 

Then bring on the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment